The smart way to learn. The smart way to teach.

MRCOG PART 2 SBAs and EMQs

Course PAID
notes336
EMQ1502
SBA2115
Do you realy want to delete this discussion?
Forum >>

SAQ's Sept 2008

SAQ's Sept 2008 Posted by Manoj M.
1. 28 year old nulliparous woman who is known to be HIV postive is pregnant and sees you in the antenatal clinic.

a. How would you manage her antenatal care?(8)
b. How would you manage labour and delivery?(9)
c. What measures will you take postnatally to decrease the risk of vertical transmission?(3)

1. A 20 year old low risk woman is in spontaneous labour and is diagnosed with delay in I stage.

a. How do you diagnose delay in I stage and what factors must you look for when assessing a woman with delay in I stage?(6)
b. discuss factors that would influence management of delay in I stage.(6)
c. How do you manage delay in I stage?(8)

3. A 25 year old woman who is known to have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is pregnant and see you in the antenatal clinic.

a. what are the specific investigations and measures that you would take in her prenatal care?(9)
b. how would you manage her labour and delivery?(8)
c. what are the specific measure you would take in the immediate postnatal period?(3)

4. A 25 year old woman with a BMI of 40 sees you in the antenatal clinic.

a. what are the specific measures you would take in her prenatal care?(8)
b. how would you manage labour and delivery?(9)
c. how would you manage her postnatally?(3)

5. A young woman presents with 10 week amenorrhoea and the ultrasound scan confirms a tubal pregnancy. Outline the indications and management approach for her.

a. expectant management (6)
b. medical management (8)
c. surgical management (6)

6. A nulliparous 28 year old woman is complaining of long standing menstrual pain. ultrasound shows ovarian cyst of 6 cm and confirms endometrioma.

a. discuss your initial assessment which may help in your decision of her management?(7)
b. how would you counsel her regarding her management options?(13)

7. A 28 year old nulliparous woman comes with postcoital bleeding and on colposcopic examination is suspected to have cervical carcinoma.

a. how would you assess this patient and justify the procedures that need to be done to establish a diagnosis?(5)
b. how would you outline her management plan and briefly discuss the factors influencing her management decision?(7)
c. she wishes to preserve her fertility. briefly discuss the fertility preserving options for her?(8)

8. A 68 year old woman had hysterectomy 20 years ago and presents with something coming down. examination confirms grade IV vault prolapse.

a. what additional symptoms would you look for in assessing and managing her?(5)
b. critically appraise abdominal (8) and vaginal (7) surgical options for grade IV prolapse?
Posted by Priti T.
Thanks for posting of the questions.Best of luck for the OSCEs.