The smart way to learn. The smart way to teach.

MRCOG PART 2 SBAs and EMQs

Course PAID
notes336
EMQ1502
SBA2115
Do you realy want to delete this discussion?
Forum >>

please clarify the mistake/doubt in test,oncology,busy spr

please clarify the mistake/doubt in test,oncology,busy spr Posted by kris P.

Dear paul,

would you clarify,about follwing question  on yoour site ,oncology section,as it should be for smear test/colposcopy(according to new smear -hpv notes)

Instructions:For each scenario described below, choose the single most appropriate management from the above list of options. Each option may be used once, more than once, or not at all.

Explanation

Instructions:For each scenario described below, choose the single most appropriate management from the above list of options. Each option may be used once, more than once, or not at all.

Explanation

Question 1

An asymptomatic 35 year old mother of 2 children has a cervical smear showing high grade glandular atypia. The cervix appears normal at colposcopy and she is keen to have more children. She has a regular 28 day cycle.

Note -Smear result:

Borderline or mild dyskaryosis

Borderline ? high grade or borderline endocervical cells

Perform HPV test. If sample is inadequate or unreliable for HPV test then refer mild and recall borderline for repeat cytology at 6 months

Posted by kris P.

answer was cone biopsy(explanation).my  doubt  was, is it cone biopsy  or recent HPV SMEAR notes-HPV TEST.,There is no option like hpv test

I raised this question because of following explanation-

Borderline or mild dyskaryosis

Borderline ? high grade or borderline endocervical cells

Perform HPV test. If sample is inadequate or unreliable for HPV test then refer mild and recall borderline for repeat cytology at 6 months

I am sorry I had not mentioned clearly on my previous text.would you explaine it clearly ,please.