The smart way to learn. The smart way to teach.

MRCOG PART 2 SBAs and EMQs

Course PAID
notes336
EMQ1502
SBA2115
Do you realy want to delete this discussion?
Forum >>

Answering Essay Questions

Posted by A A.

Thanks a lot for your guidance throughout the session. It was such a great help. 

EMQs on Infertility, Posted by A A.

Dear Paul

Can you please help clarify these EMQs, and whether to answer infertility  EMQs in exams according to the NICE Draft 2012, or 2004 guidelines. As press release by NICE mentioned that till final publication of guideline 2004 version will be followed by NHS. Answers on website are not  according to draft either. Draft mentions metformin before clomiphene for PCOS & infertility. And IUI should not be offered for unexplained infertility routinely . Please correcct me if I am wrong

Question 6A 35 year old woman with her 45 year old partner has been referred to the infertility clinic because of 2 years of primary infertility. The woman has an irregular menstrual cycle every 2-4 months and her partner?s semen analysis shows a volume of 3ml, concentration of 30,million/ml and motility of 60%. The woman?s BMI is 24 and there is no significant past medical history. Investigations have confirmed a diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome.

Question 7A 34 year old woman with her 35 year old partner has been referred to the infertility clinic because of 2 years of primary infertility. The woman has a regular and normal 28 day cycle, her BMI is 26 and she has no other symptoms. Investigations have shown normal LH = 3.5mIU/ml, FHS = 5.0mIU/ml, Thyroid function tests, prolactin and day 21 progesterone 
concentration confirms ovulatory cycles. Her partner?s semen analysis is normal. Hystero-salpingogram confirms bilateral patent fallopian tubes.

Essay corrections Posted by lamya B.

Dear Dr.Paul,

If i subscribe to your 6 months course will you be giving me essays to write and correct them from now or only 8 weeks before the exam.

Thanks,

Lamya.

Posted by Farrukh G.

EMQs on Infertility,

Posted by A A.
Fri Mar 1, 2013 07:00 am

You should answer questions based on the most recent evidence - and that will be the 2013 guidelines. We are in the process of updating this but the answer to the fertility question we set recently was based on these guidelines.

Posted by Farrukh G.

Essay corrections Posted by lamya B.
Fri Mar 1, 2013 08:42 am

We start posting essays 8 weeks before the exams as candidated generally do not answer them before this time. We will however be advertising weekly SKYPE tutorials to take place in April and May following recent successful trials. To keep numbers down and make these manageable, they will only be available to those who have subscribed for 6 months or more. This is a more extended pilot and we will review their value at the end of May. You should make sure you have access to SKYPE if you wish to participate. Places will be limited to 10-15 per tutorial on a first-come-first-served basis and there are no additional fees for these.