The smart way to learn. The smart way to teach.

MRCOG PART 2 SBAs and EMQs

Course PAID
notes336
EMQ1502
SBA2115
Do you realy want to delete this discussion?
Forum >>

Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy- EMQ Query

Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy- EMQ Query Posted by SHABANA  A.

Dear Paul,

i have a doubt regarding the answer of the EMQ below:-

Options for Questions 34-50

A Admit for BP monitoring B Admit and treat with oral labatalol
C Admit, treat with oral labetalol + 24h urine protein D Admit and treat with oral methyldopa
E Monitor BP and dipstix urine daily as out-patient F Monitor BP and dipstix urine once a week as out-patient
G Treat with oral labetalol as out-patient H Treat with oral methyldopa as out-patient
I Treat with oral labetalol plus 24h urine protein as out-patient J Pre-eclampsia blood tests and treat with oral labetalol as out-patient
K Pre-eclampsia blood tests, admit and treat with oral labetalol L Monitor BP and dipstix urine twice a week as out-patient

Instructions:For each scenario described below, choose the single most appropriate management from the above list of options. Each option may be used once, more than once, or not at all.
Explanation

Question 34 A 42 year old woman attends the assessment unit at 34 weeks gestation because of hypertension. Her BMI is 45 kg/m2 and she has been on aspirin 75mg daily from 16 weeks gestation. Her BP is 144/94 mmHg and there is no proteinuria on automated reagent strip testing. She has no symptoms.

My answer- F

Correct answer - L.

In my view this woman has mild gestational hypertension, therefore the most suitable answer is-

monitor BP and dipstix urine once a week as outpatient.i.e. F.

please clarify.

Thanks n Regards

SA.

Posted by Jyoti B.
I agree
Posted by Farrukh G.

Thanks, we have corrected the answer. The explanation was appropriate.

New EMQs Posted by Pulkit N.

Hello Paul,

I request you to please give more EMQs on Clinical governance, Audit and Obstetric medicine as recent exam papers had many questions from these topics ,

Thanks.