The smart way to learn. The smart way to teach.

MRCOG PART 2 SBAs and EMQs

Course PAID
notes326
EMQ1462
SBA2091
Do you realy want to delete this discussion?
Forum >>

infections in pregnancy--Paul pls reply

infections in pregnancy--Paul pls reply Posted by Aafia A.
IN 2009 TOG there is a review on prenatal diagnosis and management of fetal infections(page 108--116). regarding parvovirus IgM its written that it is detected 10 days after infection and is extremly short lived ie less than 4 weeks,whereas the explanation of MCQ in infections in pregnancy states that; PARVOVIRUS B19 ? Parvovirus B19 IgM ? detectable 3 days after the onset of symptoms and may persist for up to 6 months in some women There are so many differences in the TOG review and Explanations given for MCQS.I have posted another one fr rubella as well.please explain. thanks
Parvovirus Posted by PAUL A.

I do not see any inconsistencies in the information you have posted - you are not taking account of the detail in the text:

IN 2009 TOG there is a review on prenatal diagnosis and management of fetal infections(page 108--116). regarding parvovirus IgM its written that it is detected 10 days after infection and is extremly short lived ie less than 4 weeks,whereas the explanation of MCQ in infections in pregnancy states that; PARVOVIRUS B19 ? Parvovirus B19 IgM ? detectable 3 days after the onset of symptoms and may persist for up to 6 months in some women There are so many differences in the TOG review and Explanations given for MCQS.I have posted another one fr rubella as well.please explain. thanks

10 days after infection, 3 days after the onset of symptoms. What is the incubation period? If you consider the incubation period you will find there is no difference.

Short lived and may persist for up to 6 months in some women are not inconsistent phrases. It depends on what you are trying to emphasise.